Best New York Cheesecake Recipe
This is by far the best new york cheesecake recipe that you will ever try. It is rich, smooth, and well balanced. We have tried several different new york cheesecake recipes, but this is the best new york cheese cake recipe that we have ever had. Different tests cheesecakes later and this is still the best new york cheesecake recipe. We like to serve this cheesecake around Christmas time. It is a hit at parties, work get togethers, christmas gathers, potlucks, and bake sales. You can decorate it with cherries/mint leaves, Carmel syrup, chocolate syrup, rainbow sprinkles, of whatever occasion. If you are looking for something a little lighter you can always try our sites Ricotta cheesecake recipe.
- 1 and 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 24 ounces of home made cream cheese or 3 packets from store
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tarter
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- Preheat the oven into 350 degree F
- First we need to make a pie crust by combining 1 and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of white sugar, and 1/3 cup of melted butter and mixing together evenly with a rubber spatula. After evenly mixed place into a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the 24 ounces of cream cheese and the 1 cup of white sugar. Then add in 4 eggs one egg at a time. Make sure the eggs are mixed in thoroughly before adding the next one. Then add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of cream of tarter. Pour that into the pre-made pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree F oven for 50 minutes. While that is baking add 2 cups of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of white sugar together. Then place in refrigerator.
- After the 50 minutes is up take cheesecake out of the oven. Let rest on the counter for five minutes. Now take the sour cream mixture out of the refrigerator and pour onto the top of the cheesecake batter. Smooth out and place back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes and then place in refrigerator.