Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
This lemon cheesecake recipe is bright, creamy, and well balanced. It taste delicious. It has a lemon tart flavor to it. You can make this with a chocolate crust, a graham cracker crust or it you want to be super crazy chocolate chip crust. Simply add cookies to the food processor, blend, and replace with what recipe calls for in a spring form pan, adding about 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter. You can use salted butter, but be warned this can sometimes make things a little over salty. When I make lemon cheesecake I like to dollop it with strawberries, so there is a burst of sweetness.
- 1 and 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 24 ounces of home made cream cheese or 3 packets from store
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Lemon extract
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tarter
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Lemon extract
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- Preheat the oven into 350 degree F
- First we need to make a pie crust by combining 1 and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of white sugar, and 1/3 cup of melted butter and mixing together evenly with a rubber spatula. After evenly mixed place into a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the 24 ounces of cream cheese and the 1 cup of white sugar. Then add in 4 eggs one egg at a time. Make sure the eggs are mixed in thoroughly before adding the next one. Then add 1 tablespoon of lemon extract, add lemon zest and 1 teaspoon of cream of tarter. Pour that into the pre-made pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree F oven for 50 minutes. While that is baking add 2 cups of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of lemon extract, and 1/2 cup of white sugar together. Then place in refrigerator.
- After the 50 minutes is up take cheesecake out of the oven. Let rest on the counter for five minutes. Now take the sour cream mixture out of the refrigerator and pour onto the top of the cheesecake batter. Smooth out and place back into the oven for 5 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours to set.