Ginger Snap Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Sometimes during the fall holidays a nice gingersnap pumpkin cheesecake really hits the spot. I like the combination of the sweet and savor flavors of this ginger snap pumpkin cheesecake recipe. You can decorate the top as I have with a chocolate shell or simply leave how it is. I hope you enjoy this.
- One package of Ginger Snap Cookies
- 1/2 Cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup of Pecans
- 4 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 (15 0z can) of pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Clover honey
- reheat oven to 350 degree F
- Using a blender to food processor place package of ginger snaps and blend until formed into a crumb. Take a mixing bowl and combine 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter and gingersnaps and mix together. Place and form to a 9- inch spring form pan.
- In an electric mixer place cream cheese into mixer and blend until smooth. Add each egg one at a time. Add sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract. Beat another minute. Place into the oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Take out and let cool and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- In a nonstick pan take cup of pecans and tablespoon of honey and cook at a medium to low heat continuously stirring for 2 minutes. Sprinkle on top of pie
- Optional chocolate shell is simply 2 cups of chocolate chips semi sweet that are melted in a double bowler or microwave and spread across the top. Then placed in fridge to cool to hard chocolate shell.